Re: [pgAdmin][RM5716] AJAX to generate the charts continues to fire after we disconnect the server - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Murtuza Zabuawala
Subject Re: [pgAdmin][RM5716] AJAX to generate the charts continues to fire after we disconnect the server
Date
In response to Re: [pgAdmin][RM5716] AJAX to generate the charts continues to fire after we disconnect the server  (Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers

Hi Aditya,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 3:51 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Murtuza,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 3:21 PM Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hello,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 2:32 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch to fix the issue mentioned in the subject.
Regarding hiding the color legend when the server is disconnected, I feel it's good to have the legend visible as it says it's a graph. Otherwise, a box with error is ambiguous. Plus, it's not going to change anyway even if graph data is available or not.

I disagree.

A simple question, as a user can you relate those red/green/blue colors with what's currently shown on the screen?
The legends are added only when graphs are rendered at least once. So if error occurs, it means the graphs data is unavailable.
And if you have noticed, there are labels - Inserts/Updates/Delete beside the colors red/green/blue.

As a user point of view I still disagree, there is no Inserts/Updates/Delete data to relate with so the legend is useless, but anyways its team's call, so I'm out of this discussion now :)

image.png

Please review.

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal

Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin hacker | Sr. Software Engineer | edbpostgres.com
Attachment