Re: Desktop-mode on Debian - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Cherio
Subject Re: Desktop-mode on Debian
Date
Re: Desktop-mode on Debian
List pgadmin-support
Johann,

I run XFCE4 with cairo dock, but I also have a panel at the top with the indicator plugin and the elephant icon shows up there whenever I start pgadmin4. The icon works but not scalable, like the other icons and since my panel size is smaller than default (18 px) the elephant is a bit cropped from both top and bottom.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 4:05 AM Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> wrote:
Hallo Christoph,

Thanks for your answer.
On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 09:28:17AM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:

> pgadmin4 3.0's desktop mode is running an application in the
> background, and accessing it using your web browser. If you don't want
> it to use your default browser, right-click on the elephant in the
> systray, and configure a different command.
>
> (With 2.x it technically did the same, just that the web browser was
> bundled inside the pgadmin4 binary.)

I am running XFCE4 with an additional Cairo-dock panel and nowhere can I
find the pgadmin4-elephant in any systray.

Until I can figure this out, I will use a combination of pgadmin3,
datagrip and omnidb-app.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager          Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this e-mail is governed by these terms / Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie e-pos word deur die volgende bepalings gereël. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer