Re: BUG #14194: Why do these bases are open to public access? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #14194: Why do these bases are open to public access?
Date
Re: BUG #14194: Why do these bases are open to public access?  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 3:25 PM, <yobas@bk.ru> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14194
> Logged by:          Alex
> Email address:      yobas@bk.ru
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system:   Windows 7 x64
>
> I will begin immediately with the fact, if we look for an inquiry
> shodan.io
> "database "template0" is not currently", then we have a list of 5960 host=
> an open database. Here are a couple of examples in pictures
> https://yadi.sk/d/_7cK7CxNsWs6i

Maybe something is getting lost in translation here, and sorry, but I'm not
going to click a random link for this...but "template0" is basically a
system database that should never be touched.=E2=80=8B  The behavior you ar=
e seeing
is intended.  This is not a bug nor, really, a good bug report.  It usually
helps to actually ask a question and/or state what your expectation is.

David J.