Re: Startup parameters timezone conversion - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Startup parameters timezone conversion
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net> wrote:
Could this be related to Posix time zones?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/datetime-posix-timezone-specs.html

> the positive sign is used for zones west of Greenwich. (Note that this is the opposite of the ISO-8601 sign convention used elsewhere in PostgreSQL

Indeed I presume it is.  I wonder whether a carefully chosen timezone specification on the server would cause this to break since the server can be made to report the offset using either convention and so at least for some timezone specifications the flipping of the sign would not be required…

David J.