Re: [GENERAL] type "xxxxxxx" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] type "xxxxxxx" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Paul Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> wrote:
On 05/19/2017 02:25 PM, Micky Hulse wrote:
Awesome, that worked!

SET search_path TO myschema, public;

Thanks to everyone for the help!!!!! I really appreciate it. :)

Glad you figured it out! Setting the seach_path is often a good thing to put in your ~/.psqlrc so you don't run into the same problem next time.

If going for out-of-sight, out-of-mind solutions, and I have superuser access to the database, I'd much rather "ALTER DATABASE db SET search_path TO 'all known schemas';"

The psqlrc file feels to disconnected for me.​

David J.