Re: 42.6.8 trapping errors - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: 42.6.8 trapping errors
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Saturday, November 14, 2020, Post Gresql <postgresql@taljaren.se> wrote:
On 2020-11-15 04:39, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Saturday, November 14, 2020, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/plpgsql-control-structures.html

Hi
I think that section should have more examples with the most common errors,
like for example no_data_found when doing a select.

Why?

David J.

I think it would be helpful from the perspective for an inexperienced user.

Doing “five whys” in email feels strange...

At least propose your idea of a comprehensive listing, i have no idea what would be a common error - the feature itself is rarely used in the first place.  One plugs in whichever error is staring them in the face.

David J.