Re: postgresql embedded mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: postgresql embedded mode
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 6:54 AM, aluka raju <alukaraju2894@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

As given in the FAQ's that postgresql cannot be embedded https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#Can_PostgreSQL_be_embedded.3F .

Is their any possibility to make it embedded. Till now postgresql has not done this embedded mode and i want to work on how it can be embedded and contribute. please help me how to start or suggest the idea-.

​Step 1 - Fork the project...

​Changing the fundamental architecture of the system is not something I would expect a project with this long of history to attempt to do directly.  While the people working on the core product are welcome to spend their time however they like I don't imagine any of them would be willing to commit code to core pertaining to this capability.  Most, if not all, of them likely don't believe it is even a good idea generally.

David J.​