Re: pgweb commit: Logo updates for PostgreSQL sponsors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: pgweb commit: Logo updates for PostgreSQL sponsors
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jul 8, 2024 at 9:54 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

I visited the page
https://www.postgresql.org/about/contributing/
and happened to have the dark theme enabled.  I noticed that some logos
don't look terribly nice there; it's pretty clear that some of them are
intended to have a light background instead.  Maybe a simple fix would
be to add a light background to the table cell where the logo is
displayed?

I'd suggest just making it a requirement to add an inline style onto the img.organization-logo element and consider the underlying style as part of the "data" for the logo. The sponsor can specify their preference if desired, otherwise we pick one that looks good in either mode (the logo clarity itself wouldn't change but how well it blends in can be tweaked.)

David J.