Re: [DOCS] inappropriate word 'victim' - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [DOCS] inappropriate word 'victim'
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 10/03/2017 12:38 PM, devguy.ca@gmail.com wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/manage-ag-dropdb.html

I am sure this would be reword

&quot;...while connected to the victim database.&quot;

Victim seems to be an appropriate word for what is happening but I guess I can see an argument for "subject"

"while connected to the subject database" or something else.

​My first inclination was "target" though I suppose its not that much closer to the supposed neutral position on this subjective scale than "victim"​.

Subject didn't sound right either (marginally).  Maybe "named" - "...while connected to the named database."

Given that, aside from 3 release note instances, we never use the word "victim" in the docs leads me to want to change this if just for internal consistency.

David J.