Re: [ADMIN] data export has strange decimal values - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [ADMIN] data export has strange decimal values
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm@wwu.edu> wrote:
>> Yeah if OP wants exact numbers he needs to use numeric type.

I see, numeric is the type. Not sure why documentation mentions decimal, yet in phpPgAdmin it doesn’t provide decimal as an option for type.

​I'm not personally against the policy of choosing one item out of set of aliases.  My perception is that numeric is by far the more common choice of the two SQL standard ​arbitrary precision numbers.  Given people multiple options just begs them to ponder how they might be different.

"The types decimal and numeric are equivalent. Both types are part of the SQL standard."

David J.