Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 3:51 PM Guyren Howe <guyren@gmail.com> wrote:
But SQL is a terrible, no good, very bad language.

No, it's not.  It is also not perfect.

I don’t really understand why folks who love the relational model aren’t perpetually up in arms about SQL being their only option. Much better query languages are known and well studied.

Because it isn't worth the stress.

That, and it's difficult to justify such behavior when the product you are using is basically free.

David J.

P.S. How did you ever survive the Betamax vs. VHS period of human civilization? ;)