Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:

Can we all agree that the "Materialized View" should be faster

If you add in the condition that the same answer has to be returned whether you query the view or the mat-view then no, I wouldn't agree; and the original question is, IMO, unanswerable (or at least, if answered, requires making assumptions that tend to go unstated).

 is just an opinion and too late to change at this point?

Your opinion, or the name? :)

​David J.​