Re: The contents of the pg_timezone_names view bring some surprises - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: The contents of the pg_timezone_names view bring some surprises
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:
Some time zones have abbreviations that are identical to their names. This query:

Am I missing an essential clue to resolving what seems to me to be a paradox? Or am I seeing two kinds of bug?

You are missing the material in appendix B.4

I think that covers dealing with the situations you note.

David J.