Re: Could Not Connect To Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Could Not Connect To Server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 11:18 AM Dummy Account <dummyaccount4u@mail.com> wrote:

Trying to start the server, I navigate too: /Library/PostgreSQL/12/bin

from bin, I ran: sudo -u postgres ./pg_ctl start -D /Library/PostgreSQL/12/data

pg_ctl: could not start server

What do the logs say...

When I ran the status command instead of start, it of course eluded to not running.
I mention all of this with the caveat that I did recently restore from a backup because I replaced my HDD with a SSD.

You should be very specific as to how you restored your database from backup because there is a good chance this wasn't done properly and you presently have a corrupted database on your hard drive.

David J.