Re: [GENERAL] Which process is actually doing the WAL writes/calls XLogFlush? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Which process is actually doing the WAL writes/calls XLogFlush?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, June 27, 2017, Daniel Westermann <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> wrote:
>On 06/23/2017 05:50 AM, Daniel Westermann wrote:
But I still did not figure out (or I am just not able to understand it from the README linked above)
which process is actually doing the write to the wal when you have synchronous commit set to on. Can
someone put some light on this?
The one in which the "commit" command was executed.  i.e., user session processes.

David J.