Re: BUG #15241: PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 support in Windows 2016 Server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #15241: PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 support in Windows 2016 Server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 7:45 AM, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      15241
Logged by:          Yadu Kar
Email address:      yadumani.kar@cognizant.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
Operating system:   Windows 2016 Server

We are using PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 in our application. We are planning to
deploy our application in Windows 2016 Server.
Can you please that PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 supports in Windows 2016 Server
or not?

As per below URL Windows 2016 is not listed against 9.6
https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

​This isn't a bug report.  pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org is the more (but maybe not best) place to post this question.

Note that 9.6.1 is itself an unsupported version of PostgreSQL - on any platform.  9.6.9 is the current supported patch in the 9.6 release.

That said, its probably safe to assume that it will work.  The lack of actual testing is a resource allocation trade-off.

Dave