Re: CLUSTER details - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: CLUSTER details
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thursday, June 6, 2024, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/sql-cluster.html

The cloister command should describe how or deals with free pages (I.e. are
released) and what it’s lock model is (i.e. that it is (not yet?) an online
operation. It should probably also mention if it has intermittent additional
disk space requirements (or not).

All of that is already covered on the page.  If you think it needs rewording I suggest you specify exactly what you think would be an improvement.  For my part saying “rewrites the table contents into a new file” would probably be better than “physically reordered” which I sense you are misinterpreting as a kind of piecemeal operation when it isn’t.

David J.