Re: Separate log for a specfic database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Separate log for a specfic database
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018, Ertan Küçükoğlu <ertan.kucukoglu@1nar.com.tr> wrote:
Hello,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.6.6 on Debian 9 Stretch system. Installed using
apt-get.
I wonder if I can have two log files. One for complete database server and
another for one specific database in the server.
I have already read below link, but cannot understand if that is possible,
or how.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/runtime-config-logging.html

When it says:

This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line. "

It is scoped to the cluster and all databases therein.  To do what you desire you would need to put the unique database into its own cluster.

David J.