Re: Naming of network_ops vs. inet_ops for SP-GIST - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Naming of network_ops vs. inet_ops for SP-GIST
Date
List pgsql-docs
Michael, please see below:

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 12:44 PM PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/spgist-builtin-opclasses.html

I wanted to add an SP-GIST index for an inet field ip_address

In https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/spgist-builtin-opclasses.html
network_ops is stated as the built-in opclass for (inet, inet)
[...]
I notice inet_ops, not network_ops, is mentioned in the docs for 13. Perhaps
it was renamed to network_ops in 15 but not 14?

I'm fairly certain this is a simple typo while performing some refactoring work here:

doc/src/sgml/spgist.sgml

David J.