Re: VPath Build Errors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: VPath Build Errors
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 5:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The attached log is result of (while in the versioned directory, a sibling
> of the git repo)
> `../postgresql/configure`
> `make`
> `tree`

The VPATH buildfarm members haven't been complaining, and I can't
reproduce a failure here, so I'm inclined to suspect pilot error.

One point that's not very clearly documented is that your source
directory needs to be clean; no build products in it, except
possibly those that are included in tarballs.

I'll double-check but that would explain it.  I know it was not clean when I tried this.

David J.