max_worker_processes default not documented - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject max_worker_processes default not documented
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thursday, May 12, 2016, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 5/7/16 11:16 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
While this may be in the postgresql.conf it's absence in the docs is made
noticeable by the fact both the immediately preceding and subsequent items
in the 9.6 docs specify their default values.  Furthermore,
max_parallel_degree defaults to 2 but the workers come from the pool sized
using max_worker_processes - provoking the very question as to how many is
2 relative to the default pool size.

done

 Thanks.  Now for a related question.  Are any of those workers permanently in use?  And what processes use them.  I can think of checkpoint writer and autovacuum off the top of my head that are potential candidates.

David J.