Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:25 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:11:04AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Can we please just address this docs issue? If you don't like my solution can
> you please supply a patch that you feel addresses the problem? Or clearly state
> that you don't think there is a problem, and do so in a way that actually
> addresses the specific points I have raised about what's wrong with the status
> quo?

If we know there are X problems, and we fix one of them one way, then
later fix the rest another way, we have to undo the first fix.  If you
don't want to fix all X, then let's wait until someone does want to fix
them all.

IMO there is only the original problem with an acceptable solution presented that can be committed without downside.  If that has to be undone because someone else in the future decides on a different solution that happens to touch this too, fine, it can be changed again.

David J.