Re: PostgreSQL version on VMware vSphere ESXI 6.5 and harware version 13 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: PostgreSQL version on VMware vSphere ESXI 6.5 and harware version 13
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 1:28 PM, nmmulla <noor.mulla@teranet.ca> wrote:
Thanks JD.

Like i said we are not changing OS at all. WE are just upgrading VMWare from
ESXi 5.5 to 6.5 and hardware from version 10 to 13.

We are using Linux 6, 7.

By just upgrading VMWare will it affects the performane of postgres
databases?

You should probably ask this question on the VMWare forums since its their software that would or would not have the performance improvements.  PostgreSQL will benefit from any memory and disk-related virtualization enhancements that they made.  I would have to assume that the answer is a favorable yes.

David J.