Re: Seems to be impossible to set a NULL search_path - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Seems to be impossible to set a NULL search_path
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 4:33 PM Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:
  role_name
 Bllewell
 Exotic Me
 "Exotic Me"
 "Bllewell"

Of course I understand why I see both Exotic Me with no quotes and "Exotic Me" with double quotes: I asked for it. But why do I see both Bllewell with no quotes and "Bllewell" with double quotes. Are there really two distinct roles with those two names? Or did pg_roles end up with the identifier for the exotic name Bllewell rather than the bare name itself?

You seem perfectly capable of answering those last two questions yourself, better than we who do not have the access to your database; access needed to query pg_roles.

Given that you used UNION ALL I'm not clear why Exotic Me isn't duplicated in the output you profess comes from the test case you wrote.  Is this another one of your mistakes in presenting a self-contained test case?

David J.