Re: BUG #18040: PostgreSQL does not report its version correctly - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #18040: PostgreSQL does not report its version correctly
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023, 19:02 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 09:05:31PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      18040
> Logged by:          Daniil
> Email address:      danikgoog@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 15.3
> Operating system:   Windows
>
> PostgreSQL does not report its version to Windows OS correctly as described
> here
> https://github.com/microsoft/winget-pkgs/issues/82335#issuecomment-1273640827
> (does not report minor versions) thus breaking things like Microsoft WinGet.

We can't help unless you show us the SQL query output that is wrong, not
the winget output.

The big report itself is fine.  It's just we can't help because we don't produce the relevant code in core.  Not that I'm sure where it is produced and this who this should be sent to. In any case this problem occurs outside of SQL, it is a installer/packaging concern.

David J.