Re: values not fitting in query result columns, and some ideas - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: values not fitting in query result columns, and some ideas
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Gene Thomas <gene@nlc.co.nz> wrote:

  1. \d is feature of psql, if you want to see the database object definition quickly you can simply select the respective object in browser tree and select the SQL tab.

Navigating to Schemas/public/tables and scrolling down and across to the table is not quick.

\d is not valid SQL so could be used.

If \d took you to that page that would suffice.

I want to query and navigate rapidly around the database.

If going this route I'd think have a separate input textbox or textarea for "client commands" would make the most sense.  In my limited experience while most GUIs out there use keyboard shortcuts none (to my limited knowledge of, like 2, products) has gone ahead and incorporate an embedded CLI into their application.

David J.