Streaming Replica Master-Salve Config. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Periko Support
Subject Streaming Replica Master-Salve Config.
Date
Re: Streaming Replica Master-Salve Config.  (Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-general
 Hi.

 I'm testing streaming replica with ubuntu 14 and psql9.3.

 I'm trying to understand how this works, my plan is to setup the
slave server for pentaho reports for queries only.

 Now, my master server it has 128GB max_connections = 200 maybe I will add more.
 shared_memory=18GB.

 My slave server doesn't have that resources, is a Xeon with 32GB of
RAM with psql same version
running on ubuntu14.

My questions, does the slave server need to have the same resources?
128GB and the same settings in specific max_connections and
shared_memory?

Any comment appreciated, thanks!!!