Re: How to move data folder to another mount pount - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Matheus de Oliveira
Subject Re: How to move data folder to another mount pount
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 11:32 AM, <clingareddy@vsoftcorp.com> wrote:

i am using 1TB for my pg_data folder for postgres. But my 1TB if filled with base folder only.

Now i had 2TB another mount point, so i want to move my data folder or new mount point. So please suggest me how to move data folder or my base folder to another location.

You have two options: (1) create a new tablespace at the new mount point and move the database(s) or some relations or (2) move the entire PGDATA directory to the new mount point.

For the option (2) we need to know which OS/distro you are using and how you installed PostgreSQL (package, EDB installer, etc.).

Best regards,
--
Matheus de Oliveira