Trigger is not working for Inserts from the application - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Kiran
Subject Trigger is not working for Inserts from the application
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi,

Problem background :
I have a function in the DB as follows
CREATE FUNCTION question_tsv_trigger() RETURNS trigger AS
$BODY$
begin
New.weighted_tsv := to_tsvector('swedish',coalesce(New.body->>'qtext','')::text);
RAISE NOTICE 'TRIGER called on %', TG_TABLE_NAME;
return New;
end
$BODY$
LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE
COST 100;

Trigger in the DB:
CREATE TRIGGER insert_upd_question_tsvector BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE
ON myschema.cf_question
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE question_tsv_trigger();

If I insert a record from my application using following code :
db.myschema.cf_question.insert({
cf_question_type_id:request.payload.type_id,
cf_question_category_id:request.payload.cat_id,
lang:request.payload.lang,
body:request.payload.body
}
The above app code inserts the record in the DB, but the respective trigger in the database is not triggered hence the "weighted_tsv" columns is empty for this record.

But if I insert another record from the postgre's psql, it will insert and the respective trigger is working perfectly.

What could be the problem ? Why trigger is not working if I insert from the application ? Am I doing anything wrong ?
Any help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks
Kiran