Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgres DB server. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From arnab biswas
Subject Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgres DB server.
Date
List pgsql-admin
PFA the snapshot of the path:

/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/

The files postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf are missing.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 12:39 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-Apr-10, Vikas Bodani wrote:

> > Maybe you have some HA tool that starts up another server, and delete
> > this one's config file in order to prevent split-brain.
>
> Thanks Alvaro. Since this happens during the multi-master bdr setup, could
> the other postgres instance within bdr, begin up and running while we
> restart this one, delete this one's config?

BDR by itself does not do that, to the best of my knowledge.  I hope you
didn't install the files twice somehow, so that one node's files
overwrote the other node's; I would be very surprised if it let you do
that anyway.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Regards,