8.4.4 locked after power failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject 8.4.4 locked after power failure
Date
List pgsql-general
So here's the thing. I got a message from one of the developers, that
running 'create temporary sequence xyz;' hangs on the database.
That seemed suspicious. I tried running any ddl command, and that hang.
No other connections to the database.

It turned out that it had a power failure earlier in the morning. That
seems ok, but in the past postgresql will always recover fine (at
least 8.3.x).
This time I had to reindex, and vacuum all user and system catalogues
to get system back in order.

Any ideas ? Is that something new, is it fixed in any newer releases ?

Unfortunately it had to be done rather quick - so I couldn't salvage any data.

--
GJ