Re: transaction log file "000000010000097600000051" could not be archived: too many failures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mathew Thomas
Subject Re: transaction log file "000000010000097600000051" could not be archived: too many failures
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks...Removing the .ready files worked...

Mathew

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Mathew Thomas <mathew.thomas@verse.in> writes:
> I am getting the following error in my postgresql log file.

> cp: cannot stat `pg_xlog/000000010000097600000051': No such file or
> directory

If there's a .ready file corresponding to that, remove it.
I'm not entirely sure how you could have ended up with a .ready file
but not the base file, but that seems the only explanation of this
symptom.

                        regards, tom lane

DISCLAIMER:

Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail , whether electronic or printed. Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ver sé Innovation Pvt Ltd.