[GENERAL] FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replicationsuperuser connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick B
Subject [GENERAL] FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replicationsuperuser connections
Date
Responses Re: [GENERAL] FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved fornon-replication superuser connections  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi guys,

I get these messages at least once a day in my Prod environment:
FATAL:  remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections

I do not have a DB pooler and my max_connections is 200. However, max connections for my PHP Application is 120.

My server has 128GB and SSD 10K iops disks (Amazon EBS).

Can you guys please outlines me the steps to troubleshoot this?

Interesting is that I didn't see any IO/CPU limitation on my server.

I'm currently running a Postgres 9.2 - one master and one slave streaming replication.

Thanks

Patrick