Re: Wal files - Question | Postgres 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick B
Subject Re: Wal files - Question | Postgres 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 6:05 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:

wal_keep_segments is the parameter responsible for streaming replication be able to recover itself without using wal_files, is that right?

[...] ​without using wal_files[sic] [from an external archive location]

David J.

Yep David! Thanks for correcting me.

Got it now. Thanks everyone.

one more question...  I'm working with wal_keep_segments = 1000 - Would that in your opinion be a safe number?

Yes. I got plenty of free space and I'm using pg_xlogs in a different partition on the master.

Patrick