Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has been proposed that we do a general list of people at the bottom
> of the release notes who helped review during that cycle.  That would
> be less intrusive and possibly a good idea, but would we credit the
> people who did a TON of reviewing?  Everyone who reviewed even one
> patch?  Somewhere in between? Would committers be excluded because "we
> just expect them to help" or included because credit is important to
> established community members too?  To what extent would this be
> duplicative of http://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/ ?

Not much really, I tried to get my name on that list a couple of years
ago, when i reviewed more than i do now, and never got it.
And while my name is in a couple commit messages, that is a lot harder
to show to people...

you know, it's kind of frustrating when some not-yet customers ask for
certificated engineers, and there isn't any official (as in "from
community") certificate so you need to prove you're a contributor so
let's see this random commit messages...

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación