Re: RDS for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: RDS for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Sebastian Stadil <sebastian@scalr.com> wrote:
> I hope this is the right channel for this. The Scalr open source project has
> just released a pgsql-as-a-service product similar to Amazon RDS, but for
> PostgreSQL. I was wondering if you guys could help us promote it within the
> partner channels that you have.
> Would there be interest in cross-promoting pgsql with us?

Hi,

The PostgreSQL community doesn't promote any single company or
service, we have a list of companies that provides professional
services and/or hosting but those companies has to fulfill some
requirements http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ProfessionalApproval
if after reading those rules you think you fulfill them then fill this
form http://www.postgresql.org/support/newprof

but after looking breafily at www.scalr.com i found a lot of mysql
mentions but none of postgresql, one of the policies is that your page
should clearly state what kind of service are you providing about
postgresql

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación