Re: Commitfest documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Commitfest documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Jehan-Guillaume,

> In the commitfest application, I was wondering today what was the exact meaning
> and difference between open/closed status (is it only for the current
> commitfest?)

Closed means that the CF was in the past. It is archived now. Open
means that new patches are accepted to the given CF. If memory serves,
when the CF starts the status changes to "In Progress".

There are five CFs a year: in January, March, July, September, and
November. November one is about to start.

RwF is almost the same as "Rejected". It means that some feedback was
provided for the patch and the community wouldn't mind accepting a new
patch when and if this feedback will be accounted for.

WfA means that the patch awaits some (relatively small) actions from
the author. Typically it happens after another round of code review.

Attached is a (!) simplified diagram of a typical patch livecycle.
Hopefully it will help a bit.

> I couldn't find a clear definition searching the wiki, the mailing list (too
> much unrelated results) or in the app itself.

Yes, this could be a tribe knowledge to a certain degree at the
moment. On the flip side this is also an opportunity to contribute an
article to the Wiki.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev