Re: meson "experimental"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: meson "experimental"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> > [*] What is the correct name for this?
>
> I believe in this section it should be "Visual Studio" as we specify
> elsewhere [1][2]. In [2] we name specific required versions. Maybe we
> should reference this section.
>
> While on it, in [2] section 17.7.5 is named "Visual". I don't think
> such a product exists and find it confusing. Maybe we should rename
> the section to "Visual Studio".

Here are corresponding patches.

> Also I don't see any mention of the minimum required version of Ninja.
> I think we should add it too, or maybe reference the corresponding
> section I couldn't find in "17.1 Requirements"
>
> [1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/install-meson.html
> [2]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/installation-platform-notes.html

By a quick look on the buildfarm we seem to use Ninja >= 1.11.1.
However since Meson can use both Ninja and VS as a backend I'm not
certain which section would be most appropriate for naming the minimal
required version of Ninja.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev