Re: Intermittent aggressive use of SWAP space by PostgreSQL despite availability of HUGE amounts of RAM for a small database. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Intermittent aggressive use of SWAP space by PostgreSQL despite availability of HUGE amounts of RAM for a small database.
Date
In response to Intermittent aggressive use of SWAP space by PostgreSQL despite availability of HUGE amounts of RAM for a small database.  (Mohammed Siddiqui <msiddiqui@net32.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

> We have been seeing intermittent aggressive use of SWAP space by PostgreSQL despite availability of HUGE amounts of
freeRAM. We have a 100 GB database with 256 GB RAM on the server so there is no shortage of RAM nor shortage in
PostgreSQLbuffer cache. Our swappiness setting is set to “1”.
> [...]

Please provide your postgresql.conf.

Also, why do you need a swap on such a setup? I seriously doubt that
it serves any purpose.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev