Re: CentOS 6 and Postgresql 9.3.4 from PGDG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moshe Jacobson
Subject Re: CentOS 6 and Postgresql 9.3.4 from PGDG
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Steve Clark <sclark@netwolves.com> wrote:
CentOS 6 supplies 8.4.20 but I want to use hot standby - the issue is that the PGDG
packages don't install into the "usual place" they are installed in version specific directories,
including the data, binaries, libraries etc. How do people deal with this when for years they
have been using postgres and "stuff" is in standard directories not version specific directories?

It's actually nicer that it uses a version specific directory, IMO, since you can have two versions installed simultaneously for upgrade purposes.
I just create symlinks data/ and backups/ in /var/lib/pgsql to point to the dirs of the same names under the 9.3/ directory.

Moshe Jacobson
Manager of Systems Engineering, Nead Werx Inc.
2323 Cumberland Parkway · Suite 201 · Atlanta, GA 30339

"Quality is not an act, it is a habit." -- Aristotle