Re: Streaming replication slave crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Quentin Hartman
Subject Re: Streaming replication slave crash
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Quentin Hartman <qhartman@direwolfdigital.com> writes:
> Yesterday morning, one of my streaming replication slaves running 9.2.3
> crashed with the following in the log file:

What process did you use for setting up the slave?

I used an rsync from the master while both were stopped.

This theory would be more probable if it's a relatively new slave, since
any corruption would have been there in the slave's initial state, just
waiting for the replay to run into it.

It's newish. I upgraded this pair from 9.1.x to 9.2.3 a little over a week ago, so did a dump/reload and resynced then. It was running happily in between now and then.

Thanks!

QH