Re: pldbgapi extension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sivareddy umma
Subject Re: pldbgapi extension
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes debugging module is available in repo, installation from yum is very easy

Regards,
Siva.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, 10:50 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com wrote:
On 9/17/19 9:20 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:

> On 9/17/19 10:16 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 9/17/19 7:44 AM, Prakash Ramakrishnan wrote:
>>> I installed devel and contrib also but not worked here.
>>
>> Yeah, --contrib won't help as pldbpgapi is not one of the contrib
>> modules as found here:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/contrib.html
>>
>> The basic issue is you are using two install methods YUM for your
>> Postgres server and source build for the pldbpgapi extension. They are
>> using different directory structures. I think the best bet for the
>> time being is to use the symklink suggestion I posted earlier. Someone
>> with more experience with RH may also chime in with a better solution.
>>
> If OP is building the extension, why not build postgres too?

Because installing from packages is easier?

Looks like the module is available in the repo under a different name:

https://yum.postgresql.org/testing/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repoview/pldebugger11.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com