Research survey - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Diego Andres Ruiz Gomez
Subject Research survey
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi community,

I'm a software developer fascinated with open source, I've participated in several OSS projects, mainly in iDempiere, which uses postgresql heavily. Therefore, I am familiar with the project and have a great image of it.

I'm doing a research on marketing in community-driven open source software projects. The objective of this research project is to understand why it appears that marketing has not been an important topic in open source software communities, and why in most of the cases privative software continues being the market-leaders, even though there are better solutions.

Therefore, I'm inviting all the community members who wants to participate in the study to help me by answering an online survey that would take around 10 minutes.

You can find the interview here:

My goal is to publish the results and try to use them to benefit the OSS communities.

Kindly also distribute this survey to your friends or colleagues which are members from open source communities (regardless of the project).

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
DIego Ruiz