Re: Problem with database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Problem with database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 2:56 AM Ijas MP <ijasmp18@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to initialize a database cluster using initdb.exe. It works fine on all the devices but fails on Microsoft
surfacex pro. Device processor type is ARM. Can you explain to me why this is happening.

Interesting.   Can you supply any supplemental logs/error messages?
initdb prints out lots of supplemental information as it begins
preparing the database.

Also useful would be o/s logs relevant to the failure.  windows event
log would be a good place to look.

Setting expectations here, this could be anything from some odd
security problem to a missing API call that postgres depends on.  Hard
to say without more provided information.

merlin