Re: 8.4.4 locked after power failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: 8.4.4 locked after power failure
Date
List pgsql-general
2011/9/13 Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>:
> 2011/9/13 Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>:
>> 2011/9/13 Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>:
>>> I'm guessing I won't get much more from devs , without providing more
>>> info here which unfortunately has been lost.
>>
>> yup -- you destroyed all the evidence.  if it happens again, try
>> posting some more info, particularly what's going on with locks,
>> pg_stat_activity, maybe an strace of any stuck processes, etc.  also
>> irc can be a good place to get some quick help if its time sensitive.
>
> See, I was hoping that just the fact that it occurred might trigger
> some suspicions on the -devel side of things. I know it would in my
> product.

sure.  In lieu of useful and/or specific information, the #1 suspicion
is always going to be 'operator error', because, more often than not,
that's what it is.  Having seen and read your posts on the various
lists for some time now I know that if you report a problem then there
likely is a problem, but without more detail this is essentially a
fishing expedition :-).

merlin