Re: Josh's Comments on Hstore / Jsonb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Josh's Comments on Hstore / Jsonb
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM, john.tiger <john.tigernassau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Somehow my comments didn't go thru on the soup blog but wanted to throw in
> more support for this patch
>
> Josh, you are so right on the money.  An ACID compliant db that serves JSON
> is great.  Sorry I didn't make SCALE this year to hear the PG talks and stop
> by and say hi.  Maybe at Open West ?  We are incorporating Postgres JSON
> served from Nodejs (using Express to offer the REST side) into several new
> products.   For modern web apps, JSON just makes so much sense.
>
> Yes, the Node driver needs some work - hopefully we can contribute as we
> work more with it.  I'm particularly interested in working offline, then
> synching (vis-a-vis couch/pouch).  If anyone else is working on this issue
> please feel free to touch base.

Aside: I also have basically completely switched to node.js/express +
postgres (via 'node-postgres').  It's absolutely fantastic.  Besides
the obvious great and getting better json support, you have other
postgres-ism that mesh very well with node: asynchronous notification
for example.

merlin