Re: Re: volatile void returning function not executed as often as expected in sql function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Re: volatile void returning function not executed as often as expected in sql function
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Ingmar Brouns <swingi@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I send the mail, I saw it, the problem is that the function
> should return setof void instead of void, then it works, sorry for
> bothering.

for non-trivial sql language processing functions I tend to return an
error code or string indicating success.

create or replace function foofunc2() returns int as
$func$
    select foofunc(a) from foo;
    select 0;
$func$ language sql;