Re: [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing
Date
Re: [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have a RAID, set it to the number of spindles in your RAID and forget
> it. It is usually one of the less interesting knobs to play with.  (Unless
> your usage pattern of the database is unusual and exact fits the above
> pattern.)

Isn't that advice obsolete in a SSD world though?  I was able to show
values up to 256 for a single device provided measurable gains for a
single S3500.  It's true though that the class of queries that this
would help is pretty narrow.

merlin