Re: CPU load spikes when CentOS tries to reclaim 'cached' memory - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: CPU load spikes when CentOS tries to reclaim 'cached' memory
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> This sounds like a kernel problem, probably either the zone reclaim issue,
> or the transparent huge pages issue.

I at first thought maybe same, but I don't think THP was introduced
until 2.6.38...OP is running 2.6.32-431.11.2.el6.x86_6.  Maybe it's
NUMA related, but would not be idiomatic of NUMA issues as I
understand them (poor memory utilization/high IO utilization).  Would
be a very cheap/easy thing to try though.

Is this server virtualized?

merlin