Re: Looking for a book on pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Keith
Subject Re: Looking for a book on pgsql
Date
List pgsql-novice
Not aware of any books that include a CD, but if you're looking for a good intro to postgresql book, I'd recommend O'Reilly's "PostgreSQL Up and Running". Since you're running 8.4, the book may mention some things that aren't available since it's based off 9.2/9.3, so just be aware.

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920025061.do

Once you're "up and running", I'd recommend the postgresql docs themselves. Once you're familiar with the basics, getting around in the docs is a lot easier. And they're quite extensive.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/index.html